Samsung is late in releasing the update for their Galaxy line, which has been letting the brand users frustrated and upset. By having a top–of–the–line equipment, we consider unacceptable waiting so long for the software update, while in other countries, Samsung itself has proceeded to the update. In the meanwhile in Portugal, Samsung insists in delaying every update (even further than Samsung Global already delays), in comparison to other countries, an update takes three to four months to arrive.
Since we don’t agree with that, today we bring to you a tutorial on how to update your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to the latest Android version made available by Samsung. You just need to follow the step-by-step so you can have you device running Android Lollipop.
To start you need to download the tools mentioned below.
It will also be necessary to download the ROM destined to your Note 4 model (Models available until the publication if this tutorial):
Now that we have all the necessary files, you just need to follow the steps below:
- Extract the .zip. file. Inside, there’s a .tar.md5 file that will be required up ahead.
- Turn off the Galaxy Note 4; and enter in the pre-download mode (by pressing the Volume Down button + Home button + Power button at the same time until the screen turns on).
- In the new screen that’s showing, press the Volume Up button. Now you’re in the download mode.
- Execute Odin3.
- Connect the device to the computer with a USB cable. The download mode should be kept.
- Check if the field “ID:COM” turned blue. That means that the PC identified the device. That light must turn on, otherwise the process won’t work. In case the light doesn’t turn on, turn off the mobile phone and re-install the drivers.
- Only the fields “AUTO REBOOT” and “F.RESET TIME” must be selected.
- Press the PDA button and choose the ROM file, the tar.md5.
- Press “Start” and the ROM will be installed in the Galaxy Note 4.
- The mobile phone must remain connected to the computer until the field “ID:COM” shows the message “Pass!”. In no situation disconnect the device from the computer.
If you followed the steps carefully, then the ROM should already be installed. The device should restart a couple of times throughout the process, therefore, you must wait without despair. When finished, you can close Odin and enjoy the Galaxy Note 4 running Lollipop.