Samsung is going to release it’s range of Galaxy Tab S2 tablets very soon, maybe on 20th July, 2015, as suggested by a recent leak. It’s been almost a year since Samsung announced their range of Galaxy Tab S tablets. So it’s the perfect time for the launch of some new devices. The Galaxy S2 range of tablets will be Samsung’s high-end devices, so we’re expecting to see pretty top of-the-line hardware specs.
- 8.0 inch and 9.7 inch Super AMOLED display.
- 4:3 Aspect ratio with a resolution of 1536 x 2048 pixels.
- 64-bit Exynos 7420 SoC (2.1 GHz CPU, Mali T760 GPU)
- 3 GB RAM
- 32 GB Internal storage (expandable to upto 128 GB by microSD)
- WiFi and 4G LTE versions separately available.
- 8 MP rear camera, 2.1 MP front camera.
The same chip that powers the Galaxy S6 and the Galaxy S6 EDGE will power the tablets. Another interesting rumor is that the devices will be 5.4 mm thin, making these the slimmest tablets ever produced. Indicative pricing for both versions is $399 USD for the 8-inch version, $499 USD for the 9.7-inch version and and additional $99 USD for either version to get LTE functionality.
What do you think about the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.