Today the new and improved Samsung Galaxy Note 3 was presented to the world, with new and improved functionalities, a bigger screen and better hardware specifications, this will be a device that presents the user with an unforgettable mobile experience.
The first Galaxy Note was presented to the market in 2011 and opened up a whole new category of more intelligent smartphone.The great success of the Galaxy Note increased our knowledge of what the user needs and seeks for in smartphones.
The Galaxy Note 3 takes yet another approach on these needs and demands in a powerful and original way by allowing the users to tell the story of their lives in a more dynamic, simple and exciting way.
With a simple push of the S Pen button the user can now unlock a set of tools that enable the capacity for personal expression and transform your daily task in extraordinary events.
All of this is now also amplified via the 5.7-inch AMOLED Full HD screen, that even though bigger than its predecessor enabled Samsung to make the body thinner (8.3mm) and lighter (168g) than that of the Note 2. With a bigger screen comes a bigger battery, yes the new Note 3 will come with a 3200mAh battery.
Joining all of this is the new 13MP rear camera with Smart Stabilization and a CRI LED flash. This will also allow Note 3 users to capture all of the biggest and more important moments of their lives with great sharpness and quality even in low lighted or fast moving environments.
Some of you may wonder what the Note 3 will bring connectivity wise, well it comes with LTE (CAT4 – Carrier Aggregation) and supports the biggest amount of frequencies available.
In order to guarantee a better performance the user will have 3GB of RAM to rely upon as well as a 2.3GHz Quad Core processor.
There are a few differences between the new Note and the older versions when it comes to design. For example, the rear cover of the Note 3 is now soft with a texture pattern with elegant finishes. The serrated edges of the device were captured from notebooks and Samsung decided to go with that. The Note 3 will be available in Jet Black and Classic White, but there will be a collection of rear covers available that will allow the user to switch the image of their device in order to match their style.
[postgallery_grid content=”titleimage” columns=”4″ lightbox=”yes” attached_id=”24406″ id=”0″ imgheight=”120″ imgwidth=”200″ align=”aligncenter” /]
We said earlier that the S Pen brought new functionalities, and one of them is Air Command, that allow you to command your Note 3 with the S Pen without even having to touch the screen.
Air command comes with these key functionalities:
- Action Memo
- which allows users to manually write a note
- execute a function or transform the written information in a formatted form. Action Memo also allows the user to start a call
- add info to a contact
- search your phonebook or a map
- search for contents online
- amongst other things.
- which allows the users to organize and search for contents and informations from several sources: web
- youtube and gallery within a single place in order to make it easies to find the information you are looking for. Whenever the user saves contents for future use
- Scrapbook also keeps the material that was the source for that search so you can also have access to the original information.
- Screen Write
- which allows the user to capture the information of a single spot of the screen allowing the user to create comments or add new information to the original captured image.
- S Finder that enables the users to expand their search for information stored in their own devices
- independent of the content. When you input a password or rely on the help of filters that allow a search for date
- location or type of content
- the users can search all kinds of documents
- or event access the help page
- all simultaneously. You can also search for handwritten content in notes and alike applications
- as well as symbols and formulas.
- Pen Window will allow the user to draw a Window and open an application within that window without having to pause the current activity.
S Note, the new and improved version allows the users to do everything better than before. Making editing, organizing and navigating, easier all around through a new user friendly interface and the new Easy Chart feature.
The S Note can now be synced with Evernote or with a Samsung account, which makes it available to different devices. Besides all of this, when the user desires to take a specific part of an image, the new Easy Clip, allows him to draw freely a shape around that image and cut it.
New improvements were also made around the Multi Tasking feature of the Note 3, which means many improvements were made to the Multi Window feature. Now users can switch between applications without having to close the window or having to open a new page, this will definitely improve productivity. Now you can also have the same application opened in two different windows, allowing you for example to have two browser windows open, in one doing some search and sending an email in the other window.
Multi Window now has a drag and drop feature that allows you to drag stuff from one window to another without any effort whatsoever.
Group Play was also improved and now supports sharing videos. The Samsung KNOX suffered improvements regarding privacy policies and safety considerations (against malware, phishing and hacking attacks). Now you can save your work related items in the KNOX container and even allow your company’s IT team to manage it through EAS(Exchange ActiveSync Server).
Another novelty is the Find My Mobile feature that enables the users to entirely block their device if it is stolen or lost. This feature blocks anyone from performing a factory reset on the device and also enables the owner to delete all the data they may have on their device, remotely.