A new update for Facebook was made available today and it’s gradually being rolled out to both Android and iPhone in the United States. There’s no information on when user can expect this update around the world, but should be in the near future.
The update consists on a change of how your notifications are displayed, and the customization of it, making you now able to prioritize the updates you want the most. You can now see more info about:
- Friends’ milestones, like birthdays and life events
- Sports scores and TV reminders, based on Pages you’ve liked
- Upcoming events that you’ve joined
And by enabling the Location History in the Facebook app, you can add updates like:
- Things happening around your community, like local events and news that is popular in the city you live in
- Weather updates, like current conditions and severe weather alerts
- Movies playing in theaters near you
- A list of nearby places to eat, with links to the places’ Facebook Pages and reviews
Your current notification settings won’t change with this update, they’ll still be readily available and adjustable in the Settings. To change the information displayed you just need to tap the arrow on the right of each card, or Add More Cards at the bottom of the tab.
This will be a silent update, meaning the user isn’t required to download anything themselves, when it’s available, it will appear on your device.