Google Hangouts has graduated to the next level. Google has released the Hangouts 4.0 and it brings a lot of improvements, not only the Material Design but also some really nifty Android Wear features. According to Google, the full list of changes as follows:
- Sleeker Hangouts. With its new material design, Hangouts has a new handsome look and feel. It will respond to your touch in more intuitive ways and transitions between task are more fluid.
- Simpler. The new Compose button makes it easier for you to start a new group or conversation. With streamlined contacts list, you will find the right persons quickly. Attachments have been revamped and simplified. Sharing of emoji, GIF, location even multiple photos at once is snappier.
- Faster Hangouts. Bugs fixing and speeding up message delivery make Hangouts faster and more reliable. Bonus: less battery consumption.
- More affordable calls from the Hangouts Dialer, now with Outbound Caller ID.
- Use Hangouts on Android Wear when you really have an eye on the time, just say “OK Google, send a Hangouts message” into your watch.
- Receive and reply to group MMS messages in Hangouts using Google Voice.
- Custom Status Messages are back.
Looks yummy? The update should be rolling out now so make sure you compulsively check your Play Store or you can download the APK here.