LG Electronics has just presented the LG G PRO 2 to the market, a model that follows the already awarded LG G Pro. Very similar to the G Pro, known as the best smartphone of the MWC 2013, the G Pro 2 is equipped with a state of the art screen and new features regarding user experience giving more to the users.
With a Full HD IPS 5.9 inch screen and an extra thin frame at 3.3 mm, the G Pro 2 offers a ratio of screen/frame of 77.2%. The G Pro 2 offers a Hi-Fi 1W sound quality producing superior quality sounds than those of the G Pro. In a way to simplify the process of turning it on and unlocking it, LG engineers have developed an unique feature, the Knock Code, that makes the unlocking and use of the smartphone more adequate than ever.
“Knock Code is the confirmation that LG continuously seeks simpler and easier solutions for the daily life of their customers.” Said Dr. Jong-seok Park, president and CEO of the Mobile Communications Business Unit of LG.
An evolution of the Knock-ON feature, revealed for the first time last year on the LG G2, the Knock Code allows their users to turn on and unlock the G Pro 2 more easily by choosing one of the 86 367 combinations of knocks. Thanks to its advanced hardware the knock can be input in any area of the screen, whether the smartphone is on or off, using 2 to 8 knocks.
The G Pro 2 is the first smartphone from LG that has a 13MP camera with OIS technology and ideal features to create and share contents. The OIS technology has an anti-shake software to control it as well as the powerful hardware already incorporated into the camera in order to get pictures with more brightness even when taken with motion on in low light environments. The lenses and sensors both of the rear and frontal cameras have increased in size and sensitivity.
The G Pro 2 also presents itself with other features such as:
- 120 FPS HD Video Recording e Slow-Motion Editing: allows video edition at three speeds – one-half slow motion
- one-fourth slow motion e original.
- 4K ULTRA HD Recording: allows you to record videos in high definition in order to play them in TV set of 4K resolution.
- Magic Focus: once you take a picture you can select the depth of the focus before saving it. Users can also press the all in focus button that makes all object more sharp.
- Natural Flash: offers a more balanced color making pictures more natural taking into account pictures usually taken with flash.
- Flash for Selfie: reduces the preview size and adds a white background for a more light illumination of the self-portrait mode.
- Burst Shot: after taking 20 continuous pictures this allows you to edit them automatically and create a video with those same pictures.
- Gallery Collage: allows the users to select the photographs they want and create a montage making it easier to upload them to social networks.
Other user experience features include:
- Content Lock: gives you more security by allowing you to lock files
- vídeos and memos with a single password.
- Mini View: allows the users to use their smartphone easily with one hand
- making the screen vary between 3.4 and 4.7 inches dependending on the user preferences.
- Dual Browser: splits the screen into two browser Windows for a more adequate navigation.
GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - D837GSM 900 / 1800 / 1900 - D838
|3G Network||HSDPA 900 / 2100 - D837, D838|
LTE 800 / 1800 / 2600 - D837LTE 1800 / 2600 - D838
|Dimensions||157.9 x 81.9 x 8.3 mm (6.22 x 3.22 x 0.33 in)|
|Weight||172 g (6.07 oz)|
|Type||True IPS+ LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors|
|Size||1080 x 1920 pixels, 5.9 inches (~373 ppi pixel density)|
Corning Gorilla Glass 3LG Optimus UI
|Alert types||Vibration, MP3, WAV ringtones|
|Other||Dolby mobile sound enhancement|
|Card slot||microSD, up to 64 GB|
|Internal||16/32 GB, 3 GB RAM|
|GPRS||Class 12 (4+1/3+2/2+3/1+4 slots), 32 - 48 kbps|
|Speed||HSDPA, 42.2 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps; LTE, Cat4, 50 Mbps UL, 150 Mbps DL|
|WLAN||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot|
|Bluetooth||Yes, v4.0 with A2DP|
|USB||microUSB v2.0 (SlimPort), USB Host, USB On-the-go|
|Primary||13 MP, 4208 x 3120 pixels, autofocus, LED flash|
|Features||Geo-tagging, face detection, optical image stabilization, panorama, HDR|
|Video||Yes, 2160p@30fps, 1080p@60fps, 720p@120fps, dual-video rec., HDR|
|Secondary||Yes, 2.1 MP, 1080p@30fps|
|OS||Android OS, v4.4.2 (KitKat)|
|Chipset||Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800|
|CPU||Quad-core 2.26 GHz Krait 400|
|Sensors||Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass|
|Messaging||SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM, RSS|
|GPS||Yes, with A-GPS, S-GPS support and GLONASS|
|Java||Yes, via Java MIDP emulator|
|Colors||Titan, White, Silver, Burgundy|
Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
Voice memo/dial/commandsPredictive text input
|Specifications||Li-Ion 3200 mAh battery|
|Standby||Up to 370 h (2G) / Up to 370 h (3G)|
|Talk time||Up to 8 h (2G) / Up to 14 h (3G)|
LG Optimus G Pro 2 F350
LG Optimus G Pro 2 D837 for EuropeLG G Pro 2 D838 for Asia