Motorola joins to other brands that are already fighting the Stagefright virus.
According to the company, the new Moto X Style/Pure Edition and the Moto X Play will have the patch built in, as will most Moto G (3rd Gen.) units. However, Motorola does say that some initial shipments of the Moto G (3rd Gen.) do not have the patch included. Those devices will be updated “soon.”
For its other devices, Motorola will start handing its updates over to carrier partners starting on August 10. This is a list of the devices that Motorola plans to issue Stagefright patches for:
- Moto X Style (patched from launch)
- Moto X Play (patched from launch)
- Moto X (1st Gen, 2nd Gen)
- Moto X Pro
- Moto Maxx/Turbo
- Moto G (1st Gen, 2nd Gen, 3rd Gen)
- Moto G with 4G LTE (1st Gen, 2nd Gen)
- Moto E (1st Gen, 2nd Gen)
- Moto E with 4G LTE (2nd Gen)
- DROID Turbo
- DROID Ultra/Mini/Maxx
In the mean time, Motorola has given instructions on how to disable auto-downloading of MMS messages to protect yourself from Stagefright until your device is updated.