The Samsung Galaxy S6 camera is impressive by its own. But even though it can shoot excellent photos with the default software, it can definitely be improved.
Samsung made the initial experience easier by paring back some features in the camera app, but by that “simplification”, some extra features became missing (such as the ability to record an animated gif)
The good news is that you can fill this gap by.
Having a Samsung Account so you can download the app from the Samsung store, in order to get to the new camera modes. It is relatively easy to register an account, and you can even use your Google account to do so.
To get the new camera modes, just tap the “Mode” button at the bottom of the camera app, and then choose “Download.” That will guide you into the Samsung app store and show the list of available addition modes. And they are:
- Surround shot: This is Samsung’s version of Google’s Photo Sphere.
Sports shot: Aids in taking pictures of fast-moving subjects.
- Food shot: Magically makes your food photos look better by “emphasizing the vivid colors of food.”
- Sound & shot: A cool one that adds in a few seconds of background sound at the time you took the picture.
- Beauty face: Digitally adds makeup.
- Animated gif: Takes a series of 20 pictures and stitches them together for animation purposes.
- Rear-cam selfie: Helps the rear camera identify faces and autofocus for … a picture of yourself with the rear camera.
- Dual camera: Simultaneously uses the front and rear cameras for that front-back effect. (Or, as we like to call it, Mullet Mode.)
The download is similar to any other app, and to remove modes you should do it through the Samsung’s store also, altough it would be better to be able to just delete from the main app…