There are occasions when one has a powerful smartphone, but it doesn’t respond as it was supposed to. This happens because the OS is not optimized to run on the device meaning the hardware will be underutilized. So, Android engineers developed a personalized ROM’s, based on the original ones to get the most from the device. To install the ROM’s you need an unlocked bootloader and a modified recovery.
This tutorial will teach you how to unlock the bootloader on your LG G3 without making use of a computer.
To unlock your LG G3’s bootloader all you’ll need is a rooted cellphone (the instructions to are here), and follow these 3 steps:
- Download the cell’s recovery. The available models are the following: D850, D852, D855, F400, LS990, US990 e VS990. You can download it on you cellphone and have it saved on the memory card.
- Go to Google Play Store and have the Flashify installed. Allow the app to have an administrator permission.
- As soon as you’ve done the step 2, select Recovery Image, and then the option “choose a file”. Here you should choose the file downloaded on step 1. Select it, and it’ll flash automatically. The smartphone will turn off and restart. After this process the bootloader will be unlocked and the recovery memory will be installed.
This process won’t take more than 20 seconds.
Initiating the recovery mode can be done in two different ways:
- For the first method you need to have your cell phone turned off. You should press “turn on/off” “low volume” at the same time until the LG logo appears on the screen. Release the buttons when you see the logo.
- The second method requires that you download Quick Boot from the Google Play Store. Enter the recovery mode directly through the application.
Do not take unnecessary risks if you have trouble. And do not hesitate to tell us what your problem is so we can help you. If you followed this tutorial and didn’t have any problem, please give us your feedback.
Note: Tutorial made by Bruno Silva in android-emotions.pt and translate by Anderson Antunes.