Android Lollipop has been for some time on the market, but has not yet reached many devices. However we already can install it unofficially in some devices.
Failing to come out officially for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2, we can install it unofficially through ROMs that can be found on XDA Developers forums. Today I will show you how to install a ROM based on Android 5.0 developed by Ivan_Meler Lollipop, one of the members.
The procedure for installing this ROM is the same as other Samsung devices and it is quite simple:
- To install the new firmware on our smartphone you need to install a recovery that allows you to modify the system.
But for this you need to have root access- own full access to Android and directories have permission to modify them. Then, you we must install a custom recovery , allowing you to install ClockWorkMod fully updated.
- Download Cyanogenmod 12 to your device and the Google Apps. (Transfer the file to any directory on your device)
- Reboot your device into recovery mode.
- Scroll with the volume up and down buttons, go to wipe data / factory reset and press home to do a factory reset. Repeat the steps to wipe cache partition.
- Now scroll to install zip> install zip from /sdcard and locate the zip where the ROM is located. Repeat this step for the Google Apps.
- Finally, select reboot system now and wait for your phone to finish completely to restart.
As usual, this port contains some bugs and may not be recommended to be used as your daily driver.