The latest version of Google Analytics hit the Google Play store, adding a new card UI, web and app reporting views, and side navigation.
With version 2.1, data can be accessed and viewed on a number of different devices. The redesigned interface will give you a quick overview of your metrics or you can drill-down for more in-depth statistics.
Google states they used Google Tag Manager for Mobile Apps to build the new app. New reports, navigation changes, and visualization updates can now be added without the need for updating the app itself.
They also allude to the future release of custom reports for mobile and “have more improvements planned.”
Here are some of the new features in Version 2.1:
- A completely redesigned look and feel
- ideal for tablets and phones
- New visualizations that automatically resize to fit your screen size and orientation
- Side navigation that mirrors Google Analytics on the web for quick access to reports
- Specialized reporting for web and app views (profiles)
- An Overview screen summarizing key metrics from each report
- Deeper analysis via dimension-based drill down in most reports
- Better Real-Time reporting
- Advanced Segments to further analyze your data