We’ve got good news for I9505 Galaxy S4 users. Samsung has just begun to roll out the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware update for the LTE-enabled version of its smartphone.
The first country to get the update is Germany, but other regions will supposedly be joining the whitelist shortly. German Samsung Galaxy S4 users can update both OTA or via the Samsung Kies computer software.
The Android 4.3 update brings quite a few new features, although most of them are part of Samsung’s proprietary TouchWiz UI launcher and not the OS itself.
Here is the complete changelog:
- OpenGL 3.0 Support
- GALAXY GEAR Support
- TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
- ANT+ Support
- Samsung Wallet comes pre-loaded
- Improved RAM management
- Improved Display colour reproduction (Display looks much sharper than before)
- Improved TouchWiz Launcher (Much less launcher redraws and less lag)
- New Samsung Keyboard
- New Samsung Browser (Full screen by default
- new tab interface and more)
- New Reading Mode (Optimises display for reading
- used by only a few specific applications)
- New Camera firmware
- Minor UI tweaks (Contacts app
- Flashlight Widget
- dialog boxes etc)
vSamsung KNOX Implementation (KNOX bootloader and dedicated application)