Samsung Galaxy lineup on AT&T will soon get an update to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
The changes and the enhancements that come with the new OS can be found below.
- Galaxy Gear Support
- TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
- ANT+ Support
- Samsung KNOX Implementation (KNOX bootloader and dedicated application)
- Samsung Wallet comes pre-loaded
- Improved RAM management
- Improved Display colour reproduction (Display looks much sharper than before)
- Improved TouchWiz Launcher (Much less launcher redraws and less lag)
- New Samsung Keyboard
- New Samsung Browser (Full screen by default
- new tab interface and more)
- New Reading Mode (Optimises display for reading
- used by only a few specific applications)
- New Camera firmware
- Minor UI tweaks (Contacts app
- Flashlight Widget
- dialog boxes etc)
If the rumors are to be trusted, AT&T will be officially rolling out the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean upgrade for its Galaxy S4 smartphone in the last week of October, while the Galaxy S III and the Note II will be receiving the new firmware in the month of the November.