At the technology era that we live in, companies needs to innovate every day to bring the best and the most functional features to your smartphone. Xiaomi is doing a very good job when it comes to that.
With their new smartphone being launched at the end of this year, the Xiaomi Mi 5 is their newest addition to their arsenal.
Rumours say that the new Mi 5 is coming equipped with the new technology from Synaptics, called ‘ClearForce’, a system similar to 3D touch which is found on the iPhone 6s. Also, rumours say that the Xiaomi Mi 5 is coming with a 5.3 inch Quad HD display, an Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor, 4 GB of ram and a USB Type-C port.
As you may already know, the technology is quite simple but powerful, it is capable of differentiate a ‘brute’ press from a soft press, and according to Synaptics, the technology offers several features, such as:
- Variable speed scrolling
- Picture zoom and panning
- Function preview and selection
- Continuously variable gaming control functions
- Unlock and wake up
- Right-side mouse click behavior (open contextual menus)
- Line thickness control while drawing (e.g., when writing Chinese characters and creating artwork)
- Image editing (brightness, contrast, saturation)
- Upper case and symbol selection (to bypass keyboard mode changes)
The features listed above, are currently found on the iPhone 6s, 6s Plus and Huawei Mate S, which are devices that were launched two months ago.
Have you ever tried 3D touch ? Let me know what are your thought about it , on the comment section below!