It should be in the end of October that the Nexus 5, once again made by LG, will appear in the market to compete with the iPhone 5S. While some already know the two platforms and doesn’t have any doubt when it comes the time to choose one device to buy, others hesitate and choose to look to the device’s specifications and compare every details.
Apple presented the iPhone 5S as a more evolved smartphone ever. At some point we disagreed with that marketing attempt because at that point already existed much more superior devices in what concerns to hardware. The majority of the social communication let themselves be dragged by this wave created by Apple and we are here to prove why the iPhone isn’t the best device and we go even further, we are going to present a 16 points list about what the Nexus 5 can be better than the iPhone 5S.
Before we start to present these 16 points that we consider the Nexus 5 superior to the iPhone 5S we should say that we also recognize some aspects in the Apple device that can be superior to the Google device. However we don’t consider aspects like the 64 bits or the fingerprints recognizer because those are only some marketing methods that aren’t use nowadays and don’t contribute to a etter device.
Here it is a list of a 16 reasons to buy a Nexus 5 instead of a iPhone 5S:
- Bigger number of applications - there are more 6.25% available applications for the Nexus 5 than for the iPhone 5S. At this moment there are about 850000 applications for the Google device while for the Apple device there are 800000.
- Wireless Charging - without any wires to charge the Nexus 5. It’s enough to go near tithe charging place and put the device on the base. The iPhone 5S doesn’t have this functionality.
- DLNA Certified - when teh devices have the DLNA certification that means that are compatible with each others. This means that if we are on the same network it’s possible to transfer data between several equipments if they are all DLNA Certified. The Nexus 5 allows to change data with all the others devices inside a network while the iPhone 5S stays separate from de world.
- Frontal camera with better quality - 1.3MP frontal camera on the Nexus 5 and the 1.2MP frontal camera on the iPhone 5S. Better image quality in video calls and on pictures with the camera.
- Screen protection - Have you ever heard about Corning Gorilla Glass? A screen protection that avoids many of the normal scratches of the screen using. Well
- this new Nexus 5 has this kind of protection that makes it more durable in what concerns to the display that the pretty boy of Apple doesn’t has.
- NFC - Near Field Communications allows the wireless communication between several devices. The Apple continuous to not bet on a technology that has future
- unlike Google that incorporates this functionality on the devide. This way the Apple user will be very distant to make payments with the cellphone.
- Pixel Density - 462ppi on the Nexus 5 and 326ppi on the iPhone 5S. 41.72% larger pixel density on the Nexus 5 screen. No need for comments.
- Available RAM memory - for those who doesn’t know the RAM memory it’s closely connected to the operative systems and applications performance. After the processor this is the element that interferes the most on the peformance on the normal execution of the device. Here the Nexus 5 counts with 2Gb of RAM unlike the iPhone 5S that counts with only 1Gb. Does this have any logic?
- Bigger screen - either you want or not the bigger the screen bigger the using experience. Who says that is who gives up using a smaller devices to use bigger devices and when has to come back to smaller devices has difficult using them. In this Google wins again. With 4.95″ this screen wins to the 4″ of the iPhone 5S.
- Bigger screen resolution - 2.85x bigger resolution on the Nexus 5 comparing with the iPhone 5S. They are 1920×1080 pixels vs 1136×640 pixels.
- More processor clock - the processing tasks are always in charge of the processor and the faster it is the faster it’s the device. In this aspect the Nexus 5 victory is even bigger than in the previous aspects. Here the Nexus 5 has a Quad Core processor with a 2.3GHz clock while the iPhone 5S has a Dual Core with a 1.3GHz clock.
- USB Mass Storage Support - transfer files from the computer to your smartphone it’s very simple: you only have to connect and pass the files. This is valid only if you don’t have an iPhone 5S because if you have one you have to have an Apple softwarebto have your favorite files on your smartphone. The simplicity of connecting and drag the files to the smartphone and disconnect it’s very useful
- and with this the Nexus 5 wins again.
- Charge through a Standard USB Cable - you went to work and forgot to put your smartphone on charge during the night and you also forgot the charger at home. When you arrive to your work you can easily find someone with a charger like yours if you have a Nexus 5. With the universal chargers any MicroUSB charger allows to charge the Nexus 5. The iPhone 5S requires much more with a specific entrance. If you have an iPhone 5S pray for someone to have a charger like yours and had bring it work.
- Browser has Word Wrap - Visiting a Web page
- zooming it and it adjusts the text to the screen width. It’s handy because you don’t have to scroll on the horizontal o the smartphone screen and that it’s only possible with the Nexus 5. On the iPhone 5S this functionality doesn’t exists.
- Battery - not always the battery capacity it’s synonymous of a bigger autonomy. However the differences are so big that can only reveal that. We are talking about a 46.50% bigger battery autonomy capacity on the Nexus 5 compared with the iPhone 5S. The Nexus 5 counts with 2300mAh while the iPhone 5S counts with 1570mAh.
- Has built-in optical image stabilization - the Nexus 5 has
- the iPhone 5S doesn’t. Result? Better quality on the pictures of the Nexus 5 than on the pictures of the iPhone 5S. The gyroscopic sensor it’s use to detect camera vibrations and the lents move in response to that.
What do you think about this two devices? Which one do you buy?